AgMap: Promoting America's Agriculture


List Your Pennsylvania Business For Free! Join AgMap Today.

Bayer CropScience

Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
Contact: Chris Wilson
1117 Old Eagle Rd, Lancaster, PA 17601
Phone: (717) 371-4679
Website: bayercropscienceus.com/chris.wilson,
Email: chris.wilson@bayercropscience.com

About Us:

Bayer CropScience is the World's Leading Crop Protection Company in sales dollars as of 2004 earnings report. The CropScience group is the research and development arm of the famed Bayer aspirin maker, focusing on Crop Protection products. Herbicides, Fungicides, Insecticides, Seed Treatments and BioSciences make up the core products developed by this group. North American headquaters are located at 2 T.W. Alexander Drive in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, with production facilities scattered throughout the world.

With some of the best research scientist's and chemist's in the world on staff, the goal of the group is to develop environmentally safe and effective products to aid all people in any crop production system. All products are marketed through national distributors who supply both private retailers and growers. Each state has a Technical Sales Representative, a Technical Service Researcher and a Developmental Tech Researcher. These employees along with university and local trial cooperators, screen hundreds of compounds in hopes that one might make it through the EPA as a Lableled /registered and patented product. The average R & D investment annually is around $75 Million for BCS and it may take 11 years to bring one compound to market, thus profit dollars are essential to capture before the patent expires on products. Our Shareholders are investing in Bayer AG to be a diversified and profit returning company for them just as you expect your portfolio to return you a annual net return on your investment. Less Farmland and more people to feed worldwide will make our research and technology even more critical in the future as we try to solve the dilema of world hunger and better food quality. Think about this statistic, only 2% of the US population works in agriculture, but yet we feed not only the other 98% in the US but many more across the world through exports. Only through science, technology and research will we be able to produce better and more plentifull crops on fewer acres of land in the future.

Location Map:

Need driving direction? Please enter start address and submit.

(street #, city, state, zip)

Business Hours:

Monday:
8 - 7 
Tuesday:
8 - 7 
Wednesday:
8 - 7 
Thursday:
8 - 7 
Friday:
8 - 7 
Saturday:
8 - 7 
Sunday:
 

Season:
Exceptions:
 

Classification of Business:

Education

  • Pesticide Applicator Training

Sales

  • Ag Products - Wholesale Only
  • Christmas Trees
  • Supplies - Farming
  • Supplies - Horticultural
  • Turfgrass - Pesticides
  • Vineyard

Services

  • Arborist - Pest and Insect Control
  • Crop - General Consulting Services
  • Crop - Pest Management
  • Forestry - Insects / Diseases
  • Forestry - Pest Management
  • Horticulture
  • Pest Management
  • Vineyard Management - Viticulture
  • Weed Control
  • Wine Production




Top Search Terms For Bayer CropScience:

  1. "Christmas tree"
  2. "bayer crop science"
  3. "American Seed"

Businesses Similar To Bayer CropScience :

Your Account:

You are not currently logged in.

Now on AgMap:

AgMap is nationwide ! Find out more!!


Featured Search:

Find that perfect pumpkin for your Jack-O-Lantern. Pick your own pumpkins.


Search AgMap
Advanced Search